Letter from the CEO
President & CEO, The Amalgamated Sugar Company LLC
Safety Is How We Do Business
It is my privilege to communicate with you as a fellow employee of Amalgamated Sugar. Working safely is a condition of employment. As such, I encourage you to bring any safety concern to the attention of your supervisor, manager or to me if you feel your concern has not been addressed.
Our goal is to be the best sugar company in the world. In order to help us reach that goal, and before you do anything else, we ask that you commit 100% to working safely at all times.
- A commitment to safety is a commitment to yourself, your fellow employees, and your most cherished asset – your family.
- We want you and every other employee to return home uninjured - every day.
- A commitment to safety is a commitment to excellence. When we work safely, we work effectively. Everyone benefits.
- No task is so important that we cannot take the time to perform it safely.
- A commitment to safety is a commitment to communicating well and trusting each other. Communication and trust are the foundation of every good relationship. We value our relationship with you and every other employee.
- World class organizations have first class safety programs. We are a world class organization, and we are glad you made the decision to join us.
Again, if you have a safety concern, please bring it to our attention. And remember, “SAFETY IS HOW WE DO BUSINESS.”